These Body Fat Scale Reviews are for men, women, athletes and active people looking for the best full body composition scales that is accurate and reliable. The scales will measure not just your body weight, but your body fat, muscle mass index, body water and a lot more.
Accurate measurements and keeping track of your fitness level are vital in achieving any exercise and workout goals. The body fat scales in these reviews have been carefully selected to help you choose the scale that is right for you.
They are also called full Body Composition Monitors. They look like modern bathroom scales, but are packed with more sensors that will measure a variety of your health and fitness indicators. The top brands in the reviews are elegantly designed with durable materials and in colors to match the decors around your home or bathroom.
The scales are easy and ready to use out of the box, but some come with more advanced features than others – features that may be more suited for fitness junkies or professional athletes. The selections below are some of the best body fat scales that will help you measure and monitor full body composition readings like your weight, muscle mass index, body fat or body water.
Ozeri Touch 440 lbs Total Body Bath Scale – Weight Fat Muscle Bone & Hydration – Auto RecognitionEatSmart Precision GetFit Digital Body Fat Scale with 400 lb. Capacity & Auto Recognition TechnologyWithings WS-50 Smart Body Analyzer Black – Automatic upload to iPhone and Android smart phones
Tanita Body Fat Scales
Stylish and easy to use
Taylor Body Fat Scales
Full Body Composition Monitors
Omron Body Fat Scales
Precision Body Fat Monitors
Body Fat Scales Features
What you should know about Body Fat Scales
Top 5 of Best Body Fat Scales to Help You Decide
The most liked by consumers in the top brands
I have researched the most popular body fat scales and come up with the top 5 of the best that consumers are most satisfied with. This can help you narrow your choice from the wider selections in the reviews.
The top 5 body fat scales are ranked based on the average consumer ratings on Amazon, and the number of customers that rated the scales. The popularity of a scale is judged by the high or low number of customer reviews, and a rating that is high would indicate that customers are very satisfied with the performance. Any body fat scale with a rating below 4 star did not make my selection for a top 5 spot.
Tanita Duo Scale Plus Body Fat Monitor – Athletic & Body Water Modes
An all round scale for everyone
Slightly priced over $50, Tanita BF679W Duo Scale with Athletic Mode is the best value for money body fat scale. Whether you are a keen, or average fitness user, this scale is suitable for you.
* Determines body weight
* Estimates body fat and body water
* 2.25-inch, 2-line display screen
* 0.1% body fat accuracy
* 0.2-pound graduations
* Compares readings to healthy ranges
* Stores data for up to 3 people
* Calibrated for adults, children and athletes
Tanita BF679W Duo Scale Plus Body Fat Monitor with Body Water
Another good value for money scale
One of the best value for money at under $50. Tanita BF679W Duo Scale is suitable for most users, but is not recommended for keen athletes or pregnant women, and that is why it is our #2 and not the top spot..
* Calculates body weight
* Measures body fat %
* Calculates body water
* Stores readings for up 3
* Dual-line screen
* 300-pound capacity
Tanita Ironman BC-350
A body fat scale for those who want more!
If you want more out of a full body fat scale, Tanita Ironman BC-350 is a good investment that is highly rated by everyone that has purchased it.
* Body Weight
* Body Fat percentage
* Body Water %
* Muscle Mass
* Physique Rating
* Metabolic Age
* Bone Mass
* Visceral Fat
* Basal Metabolic Rate
* 0.1 lb (50g) accurate
* Auto Scrolls Results
Tanita BC554 Ironman Glass InnerScan Monitor Elite Series
Another great investment at about $100
* Easy to read 2.25″ LCD
* Body weight muscle
* Body fat
* Body water
* Muscle mass
* Recalls all measurements
* Store data for up to 4 persons
* Rates your Physique
* Estimates metabolic age
* Bone mass measurement
Omron Body Composition Monitor with Scale
A familiar popular brand you can trust
Could have easily made a higher spot if more customers had reviewed the scale.
* Uses 6 advanced sensors
* Accurate as professional medical devices
* Measures 7 fitness indicators, including
* Body weight
* Body fat percentage
* Estimate Body Age
* Measures your BMI
* Resting metabolism
* Skeletal muscle %
* 90-day memory for all fitness readings
The Eatsmart Precision Getfit Digital Body Fat Scale
A top rate scale for under $80
You may be surprised that the Eatsmart Precision Getfit Digital Body Fat Scale is not in the selection of scales in my review. This is simply because my selection criteria is based on the brands with at least 3 popular body composition scales in their products. Eatsmart has only one body fat scale which is the Precision Getfit, It is so well made that I must admit it could be a better choice for many people, and I recommend it.
The scale uses BIA (Bio-Electrical Impedance Analysis) technology, the same measurement technology that top brands in my review employ in their body scales to produce very accurate and reliable body composition reading. You can read more about how BIA works on this page.
The Eatsmart Precision Getfit has a touch screen and an automatic person identifier that recognises whoever steps on the scale, and quickly responds with the body measurements. You do not need to tap on the scale to switch it on as is the case with many bathroom scales.
The features, benefits and comparatively affordable price of the Eatsmart Precision Getfit make it a very attractive choice for active people who would like to measure their progress in a fitness program, or simply keep an eye on their healthy living vital statistics.
Features and functions on the Eatsmart Precision Getfit include:
– It will measure your %Body Fat, % Total Body Water, % Muscle Mass and Bone Mass
– The scale has 4 High Precision Sensors for measurements that are consistent and accurate
– Measurements are in Pounds or Kilos, graduated in increments of 0,2lbs or 0.1kg
– Eatsmart Precision Getfit is suitable for heavy and light weight people with its maximum weight capacity of 400 lbs or 180 kgs
– A large 3.5 inch blue LCD display with backlight makes the measurements easy to read
– With the EatSmart “Step-On” Technology, the readings are instant, once you step on the scale.
– The Auto calibration function ensures accurate and reliable readings every time.
– The design is ultra thin, sleek and the platform made of high quality tempered glass
Eatsmart Precision Getfit Dimensions are:
Lenght 12.5″, Width 12.5″, Thickness 1″
#1 – Ozeri Touch 440 lbs Total Body Bath Scale
Body fat scale fast becoming more popular than the Eatsmart Getfit
How Accurate Are Tanita Series of Body Composition Scales?
Independently verified accuracy
These are impressive claims by Tanita, and one of the several independent research that verified accuracy of Tanita scales includes New York City Columbia University as published byTanita.
Tips on Best Use of Tanita Series of Body Composition Scales
Accurate and Repeatable Readings
Here are what Tanita suggest you do to achieve the best accuracy and repeatable reading from their scales:
* Readings should be taken at least 3 hours after rising, eating large meals or exercising.
* Best practice is to check your reading once a week, at the same time of day as Body fat composition does not change daily
* Calculate the average of your reading once a month and compare monthly averages.
* Unclean foot pads may interfere with conductivity leading to skewed results and errors
* Nylons interfere with conductivity that may also lead to errors in readings
* Clean the foot pad of your Tanita scale if dirty, and if you must take readings wearing Nylon, wipe the foot pad with isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol. Me, I step on scales wearing absolutely nothing. How about that for repeatable readings!
These tips can also be used for for the best results with any Body Composition scale that uses BIA (Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis).
How to Choose a Body Fat Scale
Keys Facts in any review